Hit your mark and sharpen your aim!
Welcome to our shooting ranges!
Shooting ranges play a vital role in promoting safety, skill development, recreation, and camaraderie within the firearms community. Safety protocols enforced by range staff ensure that shooters and bystanders are protected from potential hazards.
Tonawanda Sportsmen’s Club has a variety of indoor, outdoor, and rifle shooting ranges.
Mandatory Range Safety Classes
In order to use the Outdoor Pistol Range, Outdoor Rifle Range or the Indoor Pistol Range, you must take the corresponding MANDATORY Safety Course and obtain the specific lanyard or access card.
Please refer to the Club Calendar for dates and times.
Safety Class Process:
- Download and read through the respective rules BEFORE coming to class.
- Email Dave Wilde ([email protected]) with your name and date you will attend the class.
- Take the class, sign the paperwork & receive your lanyard/access card.
- Outdoor Pistol Range: ONLY Pistol Calibers and Rimfire can be used on this Range. See Rulebook for specifics.
- Range use is restricted to Members with the YELLOW Lanyard.
- For those who need to take the safety course and get the YELLOW Lanyard, Mandatory safety classes are being given – refer to the club calendar for dates & times.
- Outdoor Rifle Range: All Shooting must take place from the bench under the shelter at fixed distances with no portable stands. Shoot only at targets in your lane. Cross-lane shooting prohibited.
- (10) Rifle Stations: ONLY Long guns and Carbines can be shot on these stations. Shotguns with DEER SLUGS ONLY.
- (4) Pistol Stations: ONLY Pistol Calibers and Rimfire can be used on these stations.
- Range shooting rules:
- Shooters using the target frames MUST be on the same line.
- Bring 24” x 18” to 24” cardboard with you, down to the frames to staple or tape your target onto and place into the target frame.
- If you wish to have a table to set equipment on, bring your own.
- Trap/Skeet & Sporting Clay Courses: Target/Hunting Shotguns ONLY with 7-1/2 to 9 shot size.
Range Rentals to Federal Agencies are a major part of TSC’s income and subsidize a portion of our membership dues.
Range Rental criteria:
- The number of Rental days on the Outdoor Pistol Range to Agencies is currently unlimited. (An adjustment is being studied to strike a balance between our funding requirements and the availability of the range for our membership.)
- When the outdoor pistol range is rented, members with access may use the indoor pistol range.
- In rare events, the Rifle Range maybe also be rented.
- We try to schedule all Rentals on the Pistol Range 1st and the Rifle Range is used as overflow. This allows our Members who want to shoot Pistol and Rifle to have an open outdoor range.
- In these situations, we recommend Pistol shooters leverage the Indoor Pistol Range.
- Typically, when you see a Rental on the Rifle Range, it will be for several days by the same Federal Agency to do their qualifying all in one week.
Note: Normally, the Agency will not stay all day. Very often, they are gone by 1-2 pm. If they are gone, the Range is OPEN for Member use.